Thursday 22 October 2009

Almost All grown up!

I had to throw away my daughter’s very first toothbrush today. It was quite sad. Momentous, really. Her very first toothbrush. All worn out and very well used.
.
But still good enough to keep using, if you asked me.
.
Had she not decided that the toilet needed scrubbing, she’d still be using it.
.
I had a horrible sentimental moment, hovering over the dirtbin where I actually seriously considered framing it and putting it up on my wall… (a little bit of left-over infertility insecurity, if you ask me!)
.
*Sigh*
.
Today it’s her first toothbrush in the trash. Tomorrow, who knows? Her first boyfriend?
.
Perish the thought!
.
If someone discovers a “pause” button on kids growing up, please let me know. Willing to pay lots of hard-earned cash for it.


No comments: