Friday 28 December 2007

Christmas thingies

I really wanted to post Christmas news a whole lot sooner, with bunches of groovy pics for ya'll... but our computer at home is about as old as I am, and therefore has about as much memory as I have, which means that space is rather limited, so things tend to freeze up at the most critical moments and pictures don't get saved and then things get rather confucious and cranky pretty quickly. And therefore not very Christmas-spirit'y. If you know what I'm saying. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. So, hopefully this weekend some time I'll make a pittstop at my work office and download some cheery christmas pics for you all to see.
.
We actually had a really christmassy christmas. With loads of gifts, yummy food and fun times with family. My dad even dressed up as Father Christmas! (But someone forgot to pack the fake beard, so there was no fooling anyone into believing he was really Father Christmas... not even little Ethan who just turned four a few months ago...) But it was still fun seeing him squeeze into the outfit. I have it on dvd to show you all, as soon as I can figure out how to connect it to my computer get to my work office to download it. Not only were we all spoiled rotten with groovy gifts, but I also acquired a rather funky tan, leaving me resembling a radish. (I was going to say resembling a cranberry, but "brown as a berry" would be a bit of a stretch of the imagination. Radish is way more apt a description. What with it's crisp white top and bloodred skin... ) And a nose like Rudolph. As in the reindeer. Tis what Christmas in South Africa is all about. Sun burn et cetera.
.
Tis hence the season to be wearing lots of Factor Fifty Two.
.
And a wide-brimmed hat.
.
It wouldn't hurt. At least not as much as the blisters on my shoulders. Although it would leave me looking like a german tourist. And hence make me a target for pickpockets and the like. (*Note to self: need to spend some time reading dictionary again to improve vocab - use of "tis" and "hence" becoming a tad profuse*)
.
One of my favourite gifts was from my hubby: he bought me the cutest little boozie-hanger for christmas. One of those really cute little white lace and satin numbers. The type that makes you humm "I'm too sexy for my shirt" when you're dressing. And prance around the room once or twice before doing up that last button, just to see if there is any jiggling going on down there. And it reminded me that I still have not posted BEFORE and AFTER pics! How absent-minded of me. Which makes me a bit relieved that I have my "geriatric computer that has no hard-drive space left for new pics" excuse to hide behind. Because, apparently, there are a few people who don't believe I've even had some renovations done. No names mentioned Chrissy. I will be posting before and after pics soon. And that's all I have to say about that.
.
So anyway, guys... Here's hoping your post-traumantic-Christmas weekend is a relaxed one. With lots of leftovers still in the fridge and lots of time on your hands to enjoy it. Sleep until you're hungry, then eat until you're tired. That's what I always say. (And that's why I'm going to need some lipo soon too. Just kidding. Seriously. No lipo for me. At least not this year. Haha. No, really, just kidding.)


No comments: