Tuesday 18 December 2007

Just in case...

The kids are GONE! Hooray! Just as well I don't have a video-cam connected to my p.c. because if I did you'd see me shaking my booty over here. And, believe me, that aint a pretty sight. What with my wobbledy butt and my grey hairs, etc. (not on my butt! On my head! - Just in case you were overdosing on the eggnogg there.)

.
But we are freeeee... well, sort-of free-ish. I am still at work, back in my office, sorting through paperwork, catching up on the admin I wasn't able to do when the delinquents kids were still here, but I should have it all wrapped up by tomorrow afternoon, and then it's HOOOOOLIDAY! Happy days. I already have a brand new novel lined up for those lazy summer days when I'm draipsed into the hammock on our stoep (that's South African for patio - pronounced like "woop", but with a "st" instead of the "w"). It's called "World Without End" by Ken Follet. You can read an excerpt here. It's the sequel to my fave book of all time: "The Pillars of The Earth". And you can read an excerpt of that one here. Oh, and just in case you were wondering where you'd heard of that book before, Oprah just added it to her "Oprah's Book Club" November 2007 selection. Probably because she was sick and tired of getting a letter a month from me recommending it for her club. The least she could do to thank me would be a first-class ticket to her show. I'm just saying! c",) Haha. Just kidding. But I really wouldn't mind if she did. I might be able to squeeze it into my Christmas schedule. Oprah, if you're reading this, you can contact me by posting a comment. (You know, just in case!)
.
Anyway, ya'll... here's wishing you a wonderful day today. I'm going to wrap up this office of mine a.s.a.p. so I can go home and get tucked into my new book.


2 comments:

Much Ado said...

enjoy your well deserved rest! I really have got to read this book!!! i have heard so much about it. happy christmas!! :)

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the quiet time with your books!!