Friday 21 December 2012

The end of the world

Have I mentioned how much I *heart* reading Ken Follett's books? I read "The Pillars of the Earth" in 1998, wayyyy before he achieved world-wide fame. I like to think that my forcing my friends to read it because they couldn't go through life without reading one of the best pieces of literary brilliance of our time, contributed to his success. (Clearly, I'm totally humble.)

Then came "World Without End" which was just as awesome, even if I was disappointed that the follow-up of the previous novel skipped an entire generation...

Yesterday I bought "Winter of the World". Yayness! Can't wait to get my pyjamas on, the hubsband & offspring packed off to bed, a cuppa made & my behind parked on a couch with the book. *sigh* HEAVEN!

Incidentally, all of this "world without end" / "winter of the world" business reminds me that today was supposed to be the last day on the Mayan calendar. I guess today the Mayans learned the important lesson that if you find out you're wrong, it's not the end of the world. Haha!

Now, please excuse me while I get my nose stuck into my book.

Toodle do.

Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!


No comments: