Thursday 31 December 2009

The last of 2009

I've been trying to think of something profound to blog about for my very last post for 2009. And I just can't seem to think of anything worth being profound about... Which just goes to show that I am indeed shallow on holiday. So I'll just say "Thank Heavens that 2009 is almost over!"
.
Most everyone has been saying the same thing all day today, funny enough. Everyone has had a rough year, apparently. So, the general consensus, locally, is that Twenty Ten is going to be totally-otally phenomenally waaaaaayyyy better than two thou and nine. Has to be for South Africans. What with the Fifa World Cup and all.
.
I, for one, am not a big fan of soccer, but I'm all for a good party. And lots of happy vibey people sing-songing in the streets, et cetera.
.
Which is funny, considering that we are usually the only people we know that don't actually go anywhere or do anything for New Years Eve.
.
(Insert sound of crickets chirping.)
(Do crickets chirp?)
(Mmm... suddenly not too certain about that...)
.
Anyhoo. I digress.
.
In true Hillbilly Form, we have spent the day partying in anticipation of a grand night. At home. Doing nothing.
.
And that's exactly the way I like it. I might be a night owl, but I like to spend my night perched at the computer lurking around my fave people's blogs, and facebooking until the cows come home. In peace and quiet. While Jesse sleeps. And then, as the grando finalé-o to my night at home, I watch either Dinner For One or a repeat of The Royal Variety Show. So that I can ogle the Queen and her gorgeous grandson.
.
But, I always, always, stay up until 12:00. Otherwise it just wouldn't be New Years.
.
And that, my dear bloggity friends, is my oh-so-not profound conclusion to an oh-so-exciting year. May Twenty Ten be an awesome one for you and yours. And me and mine.

See you in the New Year!



No comments: