Friday 8 January 2010

What is it with chatty passengers???

Please, oh please don't be sitting next to me on the plane! How do I always land up queueing with someone who wants to tell me all about their precious pet poodle who will be distraught until they arrive back home?
.
I get the impression that ANY willing ear will do though, and that they don't deliberately target ME to tell alllll about their recent colonoscopy or allllll about their pet poodle or that the service is shocking or that there never used to be such delays "in the good old days".
.
I ooh and ahh and mmmm in all the appropriate places because I don't want to be impolite.
.
And then I think to myself "why am I so afraid of offending this person, because I'll never even see them again!!!"
.
But it would just be MY bad luck that I probably WOULD see them again!
.
Like the time I told someone off for smoking in a public "no smoking zone" with such bad attitude and I felt so clever and justified and right! And then hubsband dearest came and said to me, a few minutes later, "Char! I must introduce you to someone from my school days." Ja. And it wouldn't be some other random stranger, but the very person I just told off. And then I had to apologize for being a total oo-all.
.
My luck is just like that.
.
So I better smile and nod and ooh and ahh some more. *sigh*


1 comment:

Adra Asia Family Group said...

hehehe...know what you mean! I don't usually tell someone off (as you know) but would also just be my luck that the one time I do, it will come back to bite me...
You need to invest in an ipod! It will send the mess...