Wednesday 29 August 2007

Back!

I did the best thing I could have done yesterday. I simply stayed home and did absolutely nothing. And by nothing, I mean the “watched chick flicks all day” variety. And today? I’m feeling worlds better, thank you very much. It’s not often I indulge in some serious self-inflicted-t.l.c. but I must admit this is a habit worth culturing. I watched my favourites… 50 First Dates, The Notebook, and a few Ugly Betty and Oprah shows. And then I watched The Notebook again. Just for spoiling’s sake. And to make sure I didn’t miss anything. Ryan Gosling is scrumptious, by the way. And Rachel McAdams is BRILLIANT! I almost wished it was a true story.
.
But today, I am ratty. As ratty as can be. Rat. Tee. SO agitated! And I don’t know why. I just am. I woke up realizing I was definitely getting out of bed on the wrong side, and I’ve been asking Jesus for help ever since. I realize I’m totally unreasonable and irritable and grrrr and all of that. So, I’m keeping a wide berth from all possible inflammable topics. And people. And trying my best to look for things to smile about. If the day starts this way, then I’m going to have to put in some serious elbow grease to get my bottom lip stashed so I don’t trip over it today. You guys can thank your lucky stars you’re far away from me today. And that sux. I don’t like feeling short-fused. I wonder if it has anything to do with my blood sugar? Seeing as I’ve eaten less since Saturday morning than any of you have eaten in any one single meal. I just can’t bring myself to eat properly yet. I don’t trust the food yet. Haha! Who’d have thought I’d distrust food? Me?!?!? Let’s just hope my metabolism doesn’t slow down. The last thing I need is to still put on weight. While eating next to nothing.
.
Anyway, it’s good to be back in the land of the living though. The sun’s shining. My dog’s bouncing around outside chasing Robin, who’s untangling a length of rope. And I’m determined to be happy today. Maybe happiness can also be a decision and not a feeling?
"...keep your minds thinking about whatever is true, whatever is respected, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever can be loved, and whatever is well thought of. If there is anything good and worth giving thanks for, think about these things." Philippians 4 v 8
I'm going to try my best today, to cultivate an attitude of gratitude!


3 comments:

Aurette said...

Hi Char, glad you are back at work. Sorry to hear that you are not having a good day though. I think you should have something to eat, I am sure that is you main reason for being so ratty today. Try something small and see how you feel after that, I am sure your mood will improve.
Hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

Cultivating an attitude of gratitude is so difficult, but well worth it. Good luck kicking the blues.

Kelly said...

I know the feeling to wake up and not be able to get out of the "funk". I get that way every once in a while.

Hang in there today. Just today. Tomorrow will be better.