Friday 24 August 2007

From hillbillies to city slickers in a day!

This afternoon Robin and I are travelling to Johannesburg for a friend’s wedding. We are SO excited! (1) We get to see some of our friends again. We haven’t seen them in aaaages. It’s going to be awesome to spend time with them again. (2) We get to go to MALLS again! Yeah baby! Retail therapy. Dundee’s mall consists of maybe twelve shops. If you count the hairdresser and the grocer’s. I need to go and sit in a coffee shop that actually smells of coffee, again. I need to spend at least an hour in a book store, flipping through the pages of at least 52 novels. (2) We might get to go to the movies. Can you believe Dundee does not have a movie theatre? I know! Like, what’s up with that? I want to see the new Bourne movie, Bourne Ultimatum. (3) I get to have a bath at my friend’s house. Oooohhhh. Bath oil. Candles. Lazing in the steaming water. Bliss! Hopping around in our excuse-of-a-shower just doesn’t count. (4) Did I mention that we get to go to malls? This little chipped-toothed-Hillbilly is going to have a FIELD DAY! Hope you guys have as much fun as we do, this weekend! I’ll post pics on Monday. Toodleloo!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a fantastic weekend guys! Enjoy shopping - "go to town"!

Unknown said...

Have a great weekend! I haven't commented a lot, but I still check your blog every day. :-)

KarenO said...

Enjoy!! You'll probably be just around the corner from me - and that's a weird thought, so close but very far too. Haven't seen the Bourne movie, heard it was great. Don't overindulge on the coffee smells, although I can't quite think how you'd ever get enough coffee ;)

Anonymous said...

I hope your weekend was fantastic!