Monday 6 August 2007

Dizzy Lizzy

I awoke yesterday morning to the sound of Buttercup chewing Robin’s shoes. So, I forced myself out from under the warm embrace of my duvet to retrieve rescue the shoe. And put Buttercup back into bed. But I only got as far as the end of the bed before the world spun and I found myself prostrate on the floor. On the COLD floor, mind you. With the bedroom doing a weird dance before my eyes. Didn’t think too much of it, just went back to bed putting the dizzy spell down to getting out of bed much like Speedy Gonzales. But then, two hours later when I stood up to begin the day, the world stood up with me. Again. And the room did it’s weird fandangle and I had to clutch the side of the bed to remain upright. And so the day went. All day. Even seated, doing zip, the world was swooshing and swaying before my eyes. I even ate a banana, thinking it might stabilize my blood sugar. It didn’t. Which just goes to show that bananas aren’t all they’re cracked up to be. And it also goes to show that you shouldn’t self-diagnose. Because for all I know, it could be blood pressure, not sugar, making me feel like I’ve been inhaling dope all night. Not that I would know what inhaling dope feels like. I’m just saying. Anyway, today things were a bit better. So I wasn’t going to mention it. Until I decided to take a break from the office work a little while ago and play outside with Buttercup. One minute I was merrily running about with her chasing me and me squealing like a banshee, (otherwise she can’t follow me, being blind and all)… the next minute I was flat on my face on the ground, with the trees laughing at me and dancing again. Which is a wee bit scary. This one minute you’re up, the next minute you’re eating dirt scenario. Any words of wisdom will be very welcome. Just no “you should try eating petunia leaves” or “just relax” advice ok? That’s never worked for me!


5 comments:

Amberly said...

Get thee to a doctor! :)

Alison Shiloh Wear said...

eeks! that sounds like you need to get that checked out. one thing you might want to consider is getting your ears checked. Some part of your inner ear (i think) controls your balance and equilibrium. how far are you from a doc in your hillbilly dump?

Unknown said...

Char! That has happened enough times that you need to get to the doctor. Your very next blog better be what the doctor said.

Anonymous said...

This happens to my mother in spells. She has Menier's Disease. This doesn't mean that YOU have Menier's Disease, but your symptoms sound just like her episodes and her issues are all inner ear related.

I hope whatever is happening to you is an easy, easy fix.

Anonymous said...

Char! You should get yourself to a dr!! ASAP!! Hurry child hurry!