Thursday 19 April 2007

Feed me, Seymour!

Robin is my favourite person on planet earth. He spoils me rotten! Just yesterday afternoon he came waltzing into my office with something hidden behind his back and a big grin on his face! He comes and stands right in front of my desk and proclaims that I'll love him forever, because he just bought me something that I'm going to LOVE! My mind starts racing... I'm thinking new diamond ring... or a ticket to go to the theatre... or a pancake smothered in cinnamon and golden syrup...
.
What he actually gave me should tell you a lot about the man who stole my heart.
.
He gave me a venus fly trap! Hahahaha! And the reason why this is such a great gift, is because I'm always complaining that I've been some mosquito's breakfast.
.
So he bought me an Audrey.
.
And today I gave Audrey his first meal. One v delicious, squishy, flip-flappy moth. And Audrey relished every last morsel. Not too shabby for a city-dwelling, civilized vegetarian - I've turned into a rather rambunctious hunter. You should see me stalking my prey, fly swat in hand. That moth didn't even see it coming.
.

Note how happy Audrey was afterwards! Who knew the simple life could be this rewarding!
.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Char, you are one crazy lady. I love you to bits!. Love Aurette

Char said...

Tee hee hee! You think you love me to bits - my little Audrey thinks I'm the best thing since sliced fly. Tee hee!

dale k said...

hahaha - now i know its not as cool as audrey but does anyone know where i can buy a cherry blossom tree from - even if its a bonsai? ;P

Char said...

Cherry blossom? I say cherry blossom schmerry blossom. Cummon, bring on the cacti! Audrey needs a friend.