Tuesday 29 April 2008

Home at the Hillbilly Dump

We are home again. Home sweet home. I never thought I'd miss the Hillbilly Dump so much! But, there's just something about coming home after a week or so away, isn't there? Maybe it's having all the pooches try to kiss you at once when they see you again. Or competing with the cats for the blankets at night. Maybe it's waking up to the sounds of birds chirping, and not the rumble of traffic. Maybe it's being able to use the bathroom and leave the door open if I want to walk around the house in my underwear if I want to. Then again, maybe it's just the knowledge that this little piece of Africa is ours to enjoy. And nobody is going to chase us off of it in the near future. At least, not unless Mugabi gets bunted out of Zimbabwe and decides to makes South Africa his home... Tsk! I'm too bad.

Where was I? Oh yes - the sweet sounds of home. Yes, we're home again. And happy to be at the Hillbilly Dump again.


6 comments:

flacamama said...

Hi, Char, welcome home! (Although I'm on the other side of the world!) What's with the lines on your page? Is that deliberate? Can't wait to hear more about Jesse Lee!

Sharon said...

Hey Char...
I've been unable to check your blog (or anyone elses)for about a month... so... MAJOR catchup:
C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S!!!!!
on little Jesse-Lee! I am SOOOO excited for you... the news is so EXCITING!!! and I know you'll be a great mom... Just a little note: it's quite funny but we nearly named our little one Zoe Leigh... and when she was 3 days old, we changed our minds and called her Jessica Morgan... which we shorten to Jessie... Beautiful names! Looking forward to hearing how things are going and to be able to share some of the tips and tricks I've learnt along the way...
God Bless!
Lots of love
Sharon

Carla said...

Welcome home!!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome home. I didn't know you lived in SA. That's cool. My friends are adopting a little baby from Ethiopia in October. I've always wanted to travel to Africa too...

Char said...

Hi Yvette! Nice to meet you. Do you also blog? (It won't let me see your profile...)

flacamama said...

I don't blog...I'm a professional lurker! I just love your story and am so happy that you are getting your chance...(I'm in Fort Worth, Texas, by the way...)