Friday 4 May 2007

Fat is as fat does

One groovy side-effect of the Ozone Therapy is (supposedly) getting thinner. Well, I could use some of that, that's for sure. I don't know - since I started trying to eat like a vegan (I say like a vegan cos I don't really consider myself a vegan yet... still trying my best though!) - the first week or two I dropped a few kg's... but since then, I've been getting podgier and podgier again. It might be that I put three heaped teaspoons of soya milk in every cuppa chicory I drink, and I have about 3 or 4 cups a day... so, that works out to... um, 3 x 3 = 9, yes 9 teaspoons (heaped, mind you) of soya milk daily. And that's if I only have three cuppas. Maybe I should go slow on the soya milk. That should do it.
.
So, anyway, about this dodgy podgy situation. I think I might be reaching early menopause. Something to do with turning thirty-two twenty-seven, and all of that. Reaching mid-life and getting that mid-life spread. I'm not kidding! Seriously. There's this not-so-welcome tyre that's decided to move in and settle around my waist. Not to mention all the flab dangling off of my arms. Ew. That's my pet peeve. OH! and have I told you about my square butt? It used to be pert. Now it's port-ly.
.
But I digress. What I wanted to address was menopause. They don't call it menopause for nothing hey. Men-no-pause. I'm not saying I'm a looker or anything like that, but in my younger days it wasn't unusual to turn a few heads. Hard to believe, I know. But now - shucks! Even if I wear lipstick, which is like seriously dressing up for me, not even a second glance in my direction. Thank goodness for my spiffy hubby who still thinks I'm hotter than the Namib.
.
But also, aren't night sweats a symptom of menopause? I get night sweats almost every night. I wake up and my nighty is drenched - especially around my neck area... and always around the same time of night too. Three o' clock it's pull the duvet off the bed and replace with a lightweight comforter time. And then at about quarter to four, fourish, it's grab the thicker duvet time again. Every night. My poor hubby. He doesn't even wonder what I'm up to anymore. He just lies very still, so as to avoid being whacked by the duvet when I'm shaking it out over the bed.
.
So, what's with this menopause thing? I think I should do some research. Any info from you guys would be very useful.


1 comment:

dale k said...

char ---- i just dont know