Tuesday 15 May 2007

Tomorrow

I'm blogging early today. I guess the excitement of tomorrow's big appointment was a good alarm clock. But now that I'm dressed, perfumed, hair brushed, and seated at my computer there's very little I wanna say. Except WOoooooo HHOOOoooooooo! Tomorrow! Tomorrow! I love ya, tomorrow! You're only a day awaaaay... Who'd have thunk a trip to Joburg and an evening spent in a meeting could produce such excitement! Well, don't ask me how I'm going to get any work done today. Thank Goodness I work for family - and they're shaking their booties too, so I'm in good company.
.
An update on Robin's business. Still striking. Robin? Still taking enormous strain. But, at least he has tomorrow to look forward to. That's at least something. As for me? Shucks, if it were ever possible to wish one day away, that would be me today.
.
Robin and I have been chatting on and off about all the possibilities this potential adoption might bring us. Like - what if we have to choose between a boy or a girl? What would we choose? Right off the cuff I'd like to say "Nah, we have no preference" but I secretly do have a preference for a little girl. It's weird, but I'm certain little Jodi-lee would have been a girl (and the chinese calendar also said so, so I guess that makes it certain. Haha!) and I set my heart on it, without really saying so. So, if they say, "do you have a preference?" we'll probably say no, but if there's a choice, we'll go for a little girl. A little hunny bunny. Robin's just adamant that they mustn't give him a photo album and tell him to pick one. Haha. Of course that won't happen (at least - I hope not!). And I want to know, how long does it take before we can go and fetch our baby? And what if they reject our application? What then?
.
I really need to have a plan in place for that horrible possibility. This is our last chance. What if they say no?
.
OK, I'm talking myself into a bit of a tizz here. I'm getting all nervous and stressed out. I need to think positive. To (I shudder to even say it!)... Hope. I'm so scared of hoping again. It's a terrible place to be. Living on Hope. My history of hoping always results in disappointment. I guess the track record's not great. So, perhaps today I should just tune out all my worries and immerse myself in my work. Maybe I should take Jesus' advice?

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself." Matthew 6 v 25
It really is easier said than done. But I'm going to try my best to listen to Him. He knows what's best, after all.
.
So guys, spend some time on your knees for us, will you? We'll be back home on Thursday, so you'll hear from me then ok?


No comments: