Wednesday 23 May 2007

Heart Stuff episode 2

A quick update... so, my mom and Aurette (my sister. I know - awesome name huh?) are still at the hospital. Apparently the doctors want to make doubly sure that the test results from her last trip to the cardiologist are 100%. Because today, all they've done are exactly the same tests they did a few weeks ago. In the doctor's surgery. And not in this hopeless hospital. So she's running on the treadmill, all wired up, and getting the echo testing, etc. etc. again. I feel like a deflated balloon. All that stressing about "the op" today, and now: zip. Nada. Now I know why Jesus said
"Therefore, I tell you, do not worry about your life... Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?...Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough troubles of it's own". Matthew 6 v 25, 27, 34
He knew all along there'd be no op today! So, besides my irritation at being all worried for nothing, I'm actually quite relieved! For today, my mom's ok! And she'll be home tonight. Where we can keep an eye on her love her and spend quality time with her.
.
This whole "op" debarcle has made me so grateful for my mom. Have I told you before how much I love her? She's one of the main reasons why I also want to be a mom. She's so much more than a mom - she's also one of my best friends. I'm so glad nobody's going to be practicing their stitches on her today!
.


No comments: