Monday 25 June 2007

Bookses

I don't mind admitting that I'm a bit of a nerd bookworm. Love books. In fact, if I hadn't married Robin I really wouldn't have minded marrying a book. OK maybe not. I'm just saying. I really love books. Just yesterday I bought two new ones. Marian Keyes books. Side-splittingly funny ones. Although she does use God's name in vain now and again. So I read them with blinkers on. I tend to do that quite a lot. Seeing as lots of the really funny, entertaining authors aren't God-fearing and all. My love for reading sometimes overrides my better judgment. Which probably isn't a good thing.
.
But anyway. About the books. I discovered a really nifty site last year some time that makes the most amazing things. It's called Shutterfly and you can upload your pics to the site for sharing with your friends etc... but more importantly and most definitely more exciting too, is that you can create books there. Literally! Talk about fodder for Char's imagination! And so I spent a few days drooling over my keyboard losing sleep while I uploaded my pics and edited my book then ordered two copies, a big one and a smaller one. (It was a wedding gift for my cousin, for whom I also did her wedding photography) And then it arrived! Yay! I am so chuffed with how it came out! Luvvit.
.
If I earned dollars and not rands I would be ordering books for all my friends and family. Alas, I am but a poor, hard-working South African, earning measly ronts and wishing I'd win the lotto. Until then, I'll drool over my little photo book.

.
P.S. Yes, I deliberately smudged the background of my pic because the kitchen is a teensy bit filthy I didn't want you all to be jelly tots and covet our family kitchen. Haha!


6 comments:

Sharon said...

I LOVE your book - it's fantastic - well done! You've inspired me - now I'll also have to give it a go...

Amberly said...

Cool book! I've also used Shutterfly to make books as gifts and they were a big hit!

Liezel said...

Hey Char!

Been out of action a bit, but started blogging again. Have just caught up with your exciting news! So happy for you and your hubby about baby in the future...enjoy! God answers prayer in the most incredible and amazing ways! What a friend you have! Hope you have fun every minute as you contemplate this new and exciting phase in your life.

Blessings to you!
Liezel

Anonymous said...

Love the book. What a great gift to give someone!!

I want a cousin like you.

Karen Hossink said...

Just wondering if you can somehow smudge my entire house? It's a teensy bit filthy, too!

Char said...

Hi Karen... hahaha! I laughed so hard at your comment. If only it were as easy to smudge the entire house huh? I prefer to put blinkers on though. :o)