Monday 1 October 2007

It's Raining Men Again!

There I was so disappointed it was raining on my first wash-day in months, and yet it turns out we actually broke The Winter Drought by hooking up our washing machine! The farmers are very excited. You can see I'm not quite into this bush-living-thing yet. Otherwise I'd have been doing the fandango when it rained and not after I'd put my first load into the washing machine. Silly City Slicker Me.
.
The rain also gave us an opportunity to test our roof for leaks. If only I'd known that one of our bedrooms was a swimming pool in disguise. Tssk tssk! What do I care that my brand new bed linen and mats were drenched with filthy roof water? - at least I have my nifty LG Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine to remedy the matter afterwards. If only it would stop raining, that is.


1 comment:

Karen Hossink said...

Ahhh! You remind me I have laundry to fold...thanks a lot.