Tuesday 24 April 2007

Adoption appointment

I am beyond excited. We have our very first appointment at the Adoption Agency booked, our flights to Johannesburg paid, and we are now playing the waiting game again. So excited. So so excited. This is the first step towards us getting our very own baby. From what I understand, this is a group meeting for all wannabe-adopters. It's sort of an introduction course, if you wish. So, on Wednesday the 15th of May we will take our very first step towards having our first child. Of course, this is consuming my every thought. I wake up in the middle of the night wondering how long it will be until we go to fetch our little one... what I will need to get organized before then... how invasive the approval process will be... what comments they will put on our reports... etc etc... but through it all, there's this effervescent excitement that refuses to be quieted. I. May. Be. A. Mom. Soon. Me!!! A mom!!! ME!
.
So excited.
.
Of course, I know this won't an easy thing, the adoption process. I also know it won't happen overnight. But right now, I'm just enjoying the enjoyment of it all. When it comes time for me to cross that bridge over troubled waters, I will cross it. Until then, there's just this peace and happiness overriding everything.
.
This just might work out for us, after all.
.
Yippee!


No comments: