Monday 2 April 2007

Sleeping pills, Cappuccinos and One Baby Please

Sleep? Who needs sleep? If I slept more than three hours last night, then that's a lot! Put me on the couch, watching a really good show, and I'm asleep before you can say Tom-Welling-could-leave-his-toothbrush-in-my-bathroom-cabinet-any-day.
.
Instant Insomniac. Just add bed.
.
That's me. My mistake last night was waiting until about 01h30 before I popped a sleeping pill. So, today, I'm like Mr Bean with the toothpics holding up his eyelids... But yippee! It's Monday, and that means I get to have my 1 x cappuccino (my beloveds!!!) per week. Bliss.
.
Some other news.
.
Robin and I are not happy to live our life without children in it. So, we are exploring new options. One of them being... wait for it... donor eggs! Anybody want to share your eggs with me? haha. Just kidding. I have made an appointment with a NEW doctor at a clinic here in Westville, about three minutes from my home / office... but the earliest appointment they could give me is 15 May, so once again, we are playing The Waiting Game. Nothing new. Anyway, depending on what this doc says, we will either proceed with the I.V.F. (I never in a million years thought I'd be willing to go the I.V.F. route! Just shows where desperation will lead you!) or we will forget the whole "have our own baby" thing, and start adoption proceedings from Russia. Both options are very expensive (tens of thousands of rands per try!) but what's another couple thousand in the deep pond of our baby-making-spendings? So, here we go again. One rocky rollercoaster road please. With sprinkles.
.
Aren't you all getting sick and tired of reading about our mis-conceptions? I know I am. That's one of the reasons why I so badly want to take a shortcut now and just adopt! Less hormones, less stress... Less is more!
.
Here we go again.


No comments: