Thursday 12 April 2007

Zzzzzz....

I slept last night. Full stop.
.
I drifted off to sleep during American Idol and that should tell you something. I. Never. Miss. An. Episode. Of. American. Idol. Ever.
.
I was in bed by 20h30 and never stirred again until 07h15 this morning. Eleven full hours of sleep. Glorious! If you're wondering why this sounds suspiciously like an accomplishment, it's because it is, for me. It's been about four or five weeks of watching the clock tick until about 01h24 in the morning, popping a sleeping pill out of pure desperation, then struggling to wake up the next morning, because the pill hasn't worn off yet. [I wonder if going cold turkey on the cappuccino's a few weeks ago doesn't have something to do with the insomnia?]
.
This morning there are actually birds chirping outside. And when I blink it doesn't take a few seconds for the world to come back into focus again.
.
Shucks, this sleep thing is a wonderful invention. I should have tried it weeks ago!


No comments: