Friday 23 March 2007

In the words of The Byrds

I'm not a bird watcher, nor a Byrd listener, in the strict sense of being "a listener". But I do like this song, and mostly because it's almost a direct quote from scripture:-
To everything - turn, turn, turn... There is a season - turn, turn, turn... And a time for every purpose under heaven... A time to be born, a time to die... A time to plant, a time to reap... A time to kill, a time to heal... A time to laugh, a time to weep.. To everything - turn, turn,turn... There is a season...
And I believe those words are taken from Ecclesiastes 3
.
How exciting that we get to be witnesses of the God of creation, in even the change of seasons and the birth of a beautiful baby boy. My friend Chantell gave birth to their son last night. What a miracle that little boy is. I don't think we can quite grasp the enormity of a new life joining us on planet earth. It is so life-changing and thrilling and awe-inspiring. This is our time to rejoice.
.
I am so grateful that I get to share in the lives of people who are so blessed of God. I'm also blessed, but in other ways. And for that I am grateful. My time of weeping has passed. No more woe-is-me anymore.
.
It is a new season. One where I put God back on His throne in my life. And where I sing along with The Byrds at the top of my lungs.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please pass on my 'congrats'to Chantell & Dewald on the wonderful birth of Eli! I am very happy for them and wish them the very best!
Love, Kim

Char said...

Thanks Kim! I will do, as soon as I can get to speak to them! They're in demand now you know... I mean, what's up with that??? Suddenly there's a little tot shouting for their attention and none of us gets a word in edgeways? haha! Just kidding.