Wednesday 28 March 2007

Smooth moves

What a fantastic new day! haha. OK, so I'm a bit rickety. One day up. One day down. Sorry about yesterday, by the way. I had the blues. I even contemplated changing my blog's whole look to grey n dingy. Thank goodness, I didn't have time to fiddle.
.
Happy Char's back. Be gone, awful blues!
.
Some good news. For those of you who have been waiting to hear how my friend Ashleigh in Brisbane is doing, she's doing really well. Noah is home with the family now, and is the cutest little thing. Here are some pics. Ash, you are going to be such a fun, funky mom. I wish I could be there to enjoy this life-changing time with you.
.
Speaking about life changes. Robin and I have been on a bit of a life change ourselves. So, you know we lurrrrrrve our dairy and the occassional braai (that's BBQ in American and Australian), not to mention my passion for my beloved's*. Well, having listened to Prof. Walter Veith's seminars for the past (almost) two weeks, we decided to ship up and shape up and drop the rubbish from our diet... and that (boo hoo!) happens to include the dairy and meat and (sob!) my beloved's*. Prof. Veith told me that Harvard Medical School has released a study showing a distinct link between the consumption of dairy and infertility. So, guess who's no longer consuming any dairy? Yes, we're predictable! haha. Well, it's been smoothies for supper almost every night since then. Anyone have any good "vegan" smoothie recipes? Here's a really yummy one. We're finding out what tastes good by trial and error... So anyway, back to the recipe:
Ingredients:
1 cup soya milk (already mixed)
2 bananas
1 apple
1 pear
half a cup raw oats
half a cup mixed nuts
1 tablespoon peanut butter
a squeeze of honey (optional)
So much of yummy that is! We literally just put whatever fruit we have in there. This morning we added carob powder to the mix and it tastes really chocolatey then. Of course you could skip the milk and nuts, and just add a splash of fruit juice and Bob's your uncle.
.
I tell you what, eating such a lot of "whole foods" makes for an interesting ... mmmm.... how can I put this? Bathroom experience! haha. Anyway, before this blog degenerates into a exposé of long-drop proportions, I shall love you and leave you.
.
Smoothie anyone?