Wednesday 14 March 2007

We get to Don't worry! Be happy!

Nobody told me that "not trying" would be so much fun! Dunno why, but nobody thought it would be worth mentioning to me. Cummon guys - we're relying on you to be honest with us! Consider yourselves berated.
.
Back to my point. Things I love about not trying anymore:-
  1. We have MONEY again! Lots of it. Well, not really lots of it... but fertility treatments are BLOODY expensive and compared to those years of doctors doctors doctors bills bills bills, we are now rolling in it guys. We actually find fifty bucks in our wallets that we didn't even know was still there! And all of you know that when pennies are scarce, you always know exactly how much money is in your wallet. Zip. Having Cash = Very Nifty.
  2. I get to drink my beloved's* whenever I feel like it, without worrying about how many eggs I'm pickling. Actually now that I think about it... that was the thing I missed the most while "trying".
  3. We can plan trips away without worrying about if it's going to coincide with / clash with when I should be on a doctor's table somewhere being tortured... uh... er... enjoying more fertility treatments. This is one of the niftiest things I think. Oh yes, almost forgot to tell you! Guess what? We're going overseas in June!!! Yes, me happy. We are going to visit two of our very best friends, Dewald and Chantell, in North Carolina in the US of A for a few weeks. They are having a little baby boy within the next week or so, and we are going to meet little Eli. Can't wait. So, you see? We can just hop on a plane now all willy nilly without worrying.
  4. I don't have to pop myriads of pills every day anymore.
  5. I don't have to watch the calendar or count days or chart my basal body temperature anymore. That really sucked. The thing with PCOS (one of my afflictions) is that you never know when / if you happen to be ovulating. YAY! I don't have to do that anymore.
  6. There is no more waiting. Waiting for ovulation. Waiting for / imagining pregnancy symptoms. Waiting for a positive pregnancy test. Waiting for the scan. Then Waiting for the miscarriage to happen. Waiting for my irregular cycle to return to normal so we could try again... Waiting Waiting Waiting. Waiting sucks. No more waiting for me, thank you very much. I'm back to instant gratification. It works for me!

The list goes on and on, but those are the top of my pops. FINALLY! We get to Don't Worry! Be Happy!

.

*Beloveds = Cappuccinos


No comments: