Monday 19 March 2007

So much to say, so little time

I have LOADS on my mind today. But I know you're all v v busy with incredibly important things to do and therefore little time to sit and read my blog. Thus I will break my blog up into bitesized chunks, running over a few days. You'll have to stay tuned.
.
Numero Uno.
Did you know that drinking milk (from a cow, that is...) actually gives you osteoporosis? And doesn't prevent it? Robin's taken to calling it (the milk, not the cow) Boob Juice! Haha! Have a v good friend, Dale, who calls it Nipple Nectar. Ew! That paints all sorts of gross pictures in my head. But back to my point. All of our school education has taught us the basic food pyramid. You know... so many portions of protein a day, so many glasses of milk, so many fruits... warra warra fish paste. But recent studies have proven quite the opposite of what advertising has indoctrinated us! It's FASCINATING! Well, to me it is. (And being the author of this blog, I get to decide!) Now, you all know that my fave thing on planet earth (besides babies, and Robin of course) is milky coffee! Boo hoo... don't even get me started on lamenting the hazards of coffee. I'm most distressed.
.
See, we went to this INCREDIBLY interesting seminar last night at a school up in Hillcrest, hosted by a really nifty guy called Professor Walter Veith. I had watched his set of dvd's before, so when I heard he was coming to Durban, we dropped all things tv-related and headed up the hill to go and listen.
.
What an amazing man! Such stunning stuff he shared with us - and not only about milk, but also about how important breakfast is, what sugar does, fats, etc. Life changing stuff. Uh... that is, if I decide to give up my beloved's every day. V v hard. I'll have to think about this one.
.
Numero... two
My friend Ashleigh in Oz had her little boy on Friday. They have named him Noah. Please think of him. The docs have him in a special care unit as he has too much fluid on his lungs. As I know more, so will you.
.
Number three
My tjommie Chantell is supposed to be having her little baby boy sometime... anytime now. We're all sitting on tenterhooks here. I tried to phone them yesterday on Skype (how cool is Skype by the way?) but no answer. So, you know the drill. As I know more, so will you.
.
Number four
You've all been asking about Maybe Baby. Thanks for waiting long enough for me to get myself together on this one. I know you were all dying to ask questions sooner, but were respecting my wishes to give me some space.
.
Here's the thing: we didn't get Maybe Baby. At the moment I don't know who did. Maybe the family who adopted Maybe Baby's sibling a few years ago? Maybe the granny? Better not to know. But for now, we're childless. That's ok. We're used to it by now. And we have plenty to occupy ourselves. And besides, I'm moving on, remember? So, that's what's happened with Maybe Baby.
.
OK, I still have LOADS to say, but will save it for another day. That wasn't supposed to rhyme! Woops. OK, keep fingers, thumbs, toes and noses crossed for my two friends, Ashleigh and Chantell please. Can't stop thinking about them!
.
So, tune in again tomorrow, for more Days of our Lives. haha!


No comments: